- 57 Broadway, New York.
- 76 Montgomery Street, Jersey City, N. J.
- 12 Pearl Street, Boston, Mass.
- "Manufacturers under the
Pennycook Patents in Glass and Metals."
- Incorporated June 26, 1889 in NJ (principal office Jersey City),
capital stock $1,000,000, par value of shares 100, commenced business
with 1,500. —Corporations of New Jersey: List of Certificates Filed... and
Corporations of New Jersey
- "The Co-operative Glass Company, organized in June, 1888, was
composed mainly of the workmen of the original works, which are
now owned by the Alpha Glass and Metal Company. The manufacture
of tacks was begun here at a later period, in the buildings which
had been used first for making woolen yarn, then for cotton cloth.
In 1885, the date of the last State census, the glass factories
were not in full operation, employing, in June of that year, 195
men and 32 women; when, also, 11 persons were engaged in the tack
factory. The other manufactures at this date were arms and
ammunition, clothing, furniture, leather, paper goods, carriages,
boot and shoes, and food preperations. The value of the aggregate
product was $436,955." —A Gazetteer of the State of Massachusetts, 1890
- "Judgments. In these lists of judgments the names alphabetically
arranged, and whch are first on each line, are those of the judgment
debtor. ... New York City. The Alpha Glass and Metal Co, H. S.
Walbridge, $979.97. The Alpha Glass and Metal Co, E. P. Grout,
$258.37" —Real estate record and builders' guide 20-Sep-1890 (Columbia University)
- "Pennycuick's patent was owned by the Prismatic Glass Company, NH,
from 1887 to 1889, by the Alpha Glass and Metal Company, NJ, from
1889 to 1890, by a number of individual businessmen and finally by
Thomas W. Horn who founded the Prismatic Glass Company of Toronto
in 1896 and eventually became one of the cofounders of the Luxfer
Prism Company of Chicago..." —Twentieth-Century Building Materials: History and Conservation, 2014
- M. H. Bellamy, President.
- F. McCaskie, Vice-President.
- G. Pennycuick, Treasurer and Glass Manager.
- T. Pennycook, Metallic Manager.
- F. Atkinson, Secretary.
- Catalogue of Glass Department of the Alpha Glass and Metal Co
(top right) sections:
- Glass Tests Illustrated
- General Use of Prismatic Glass
- Vertical Sashes
- Horizontal Lights
- Sidewalk Lights
- Vestibule or Stair Lights
- Lighting from Extensions
- Lighting Sub-Cellars
- Naval Lighting
- Port Lights
- Deck Light
- Directions for Setting Lights
- Sizes of Window Glass