Home Index Site Map Up: United States Navigation
Up: United States
Luminous Prism Company
Home  > Prism Glass  > United States  > Luminous Prism Company
First: American 3-Way Prism Company Last: United States Glass Company Prev: Keppler Glass Constructions, Inc. Next: Luxfer Prism Company Navigation
US: 35 of 55

Luminous Prism Co ad · 1901
Luminous Prisms
LIGHT DARK INTERIORS

LUMINOUS PRISM CO.
27-29 South Clinton Street, Chicago.
Inland Architect and News Record · 1901

Luminous Prism Co ad · 1901
STAINED GLASS
FOR DWELLINGS AND
CHURCHES.

The Best Work at Lowest Prices.

LUMINOUS PRISM CO.
Successors to
GEO. E. ANDROVETTE & CO.
27-29 SO. CLINTON STREET,
CHICAGO.
Inland Architect and News Record · 1901

Location:

  • 1899: 102 Superior, Cleveland, Ohio.
  • 1901: 27-29 South Clinton St.

Timeline:

  • ?-1898-1901-?

History:

Stained Glass:

  • Central Congregational Church, Galesburg, Illinois
    • Galesburg, Knox County: "Built in 1898 of Michigan red sandstone in the Richardson Romanesque style, Central Congregational Church, located one block north of Standish Park, was placed on the National Register on Sept. 30, 1976. The church covers nearly a quarter of the block and its bell tower rises to 137 feet. It has 75 stained glass windows ranging in size from 3 square feet to 1,080 square feet, made by the Luminous Prism Co. of Chicago. The largest window has three sections and fills the north wall of the auditorium."
    • The Construction of Central Congregational Church
  • St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Rome, GA
    • The Guardian Angel Window / Located in the Church / Given in 1898 by Mr. W. A. Knowles, in memory of Mrs. May H. Knowles / Made by Luminous Prism Co., Chicago, IL at a cost of $225 / Twice partially destroyed by storms / Present window made entirely new in 1910
    • The Perkins Window / Located in the Church / Given in 1898 by Mrs. John N. Perkins family / Made by Luminous Prism Co., Chicago, IL at a cost of $52 / Inscriptions on windows - John N. Perkins & Mary E. Perkins
    • The Resurrection Window / Located in the Church / Given in 1898 by the congregation and others in memory of Rev. W. C. Williams, D.D. / Made by Luminous Prism Co., Chicago, IL at a cost of $52
    • The Underwood Window / Located in the Church / Given in 1899 by Mrs. M. A. Nevin and sisters / Made by Luminous Prism Co., Chicago, IL at a cost of $65 / Inscriptions on windows - John W. H. Underwood, Mary W. Underwood, William H. Underwood
    • Windows by Geo. E. Androvette:
    • Other windows are mostly by:
      • Lyn Hovey Studio, Inc., Boston, MA; also Quaker City Stained Glass Co., Philadelphia, PA, Empire Art Glass Co., Atlanta, GA, H. M. Hooker Co., Chicago, IL, Agnew Myers Studio, Menlo, Georgia, Otto Jungk

Paper:

  • None.

Gallery:

  • None.