I bought this invoice on eBay, but the seller's house burned before it
was mailed, so now it's gone. This is the original photo from the
auction, used with permission.
Location: New York:
- 1850: 46 Avenue A
- 1859: 414 Grand and 1 Avenue C
- 1880: U. S. Census records "Tice & Jacobs, Vault Lights"
- 1883: Office: 67 Centre Street
- 1883: Manufactory: 71 Centre Street
- 1885: 57 Duane
- 1899: 510 Pearl Street
- Unknown date: W. E. Lyon 202 E 46 St.
- From Daniel F. Kelleher Co.
Sale 610, lot 804:
"Boyd's City Despatch, Paid,
1 Park Place, N.Y.", 4/18/82 magenta company oval handstamp
ties 20L56 local on cover, Fine-V.F., printed Tice & Jacobs
CC, extremely attractive & V.F. cover. [price? 100 clams]
- From Designs Underfoot (Diana Stuart):
- "In 1850 Alfred Tice produced hardware at 46 Avenue A. In
1859 William H. Tice and Brother were domestic hardware and
commission merchants at 414 Grand and 1 Avenue C. Tice and
Burrows also produced vault plates."
- "In 1885 Tice & Jacobs produced vault lights at 67
Centre and 57 Duane."