October 30, 2012
October 24, 2012
"Nature's Remedy · VEGETINE
The Great Blood Purifier"
(Attracts Giant Bees, Though)
October 23, 2012
October 21, 2012
October 15, 2012
Improved Coal Plate, Christy, 1841
- New early design for an illuminated coalhole cover ("Improved
Coal Plate") by John Fell Christy in 1841:
Note drawing of plate shows "J. E. Christy & Co.
Glass Works, London", not J. F. Christy.
- American Luxfer Prism Company of Illinois stock certificate.
- Wilhelm Ludowici's 1883 roofing-tile patent.
- The Luxfer Lighting Specialities, from Whiringa-ā-nuku 1908 (New Zealand)
- Cobalt blue #9 Falconnier brique
from Cole's Book Arcade, via Victoria Museum.
- Krisztina Kecskés contributes more pictures: SOLLUX (and
similar but anonymous solar-themed) floor lights in Budapest.
- Added two rare insulator CDs to the for-sale page:
a CD 182 Dry Spot by Whitall-Tatum, and an export-only Brookfield
CD 173 from Australia.
- New illuminated coal coal, a 20" Brown Brothers "Star",
donated by Patrick Baron of BaronArts.
This cover had been saved from the dump by a friend of his doing
repaving work in Chicago, which friend had brought it home and was
planning to bash the lenses out with a hammer and use it for a grill.
Fortunately Patrick visited him before this happened, recognized it
for what it was, convinced the owner of its historic value, claimed
it, and send it to me
A big, big thanks to Patrick for my first ever material donation.
May 15, 2012
Vault Light Construction, NYC 1907
March 29, 2012
February 23, 2012
February 12, 2012
January 5, 2012
- Lewis Hine glassmaking photos from the National Archives:
January 4, 2012