Luxfer deck prisms
- Berlin-Weißensee / Berlin-Weissensee
- 1899 · Founded as a foreign branch of the Luxfer Prism Company
- 1907? · ...became Deutsche Luxfer Prismen Gesellschaft when?...
- 1909 Glaseisenbeton (Keppler-System) introduced
- 1910 Pavilions at the Brussels World's Fair
- 1913 Gold medal for pavilion at the Baufachausstellung in Leipzig
(architect: Bruno Möhring)
- 1914 Glasshaus, Bruno Taut's pavilion at the Werkund
Ausstellung in Cologne (displaying all of Luxfer's products)
- 1929 Glass ceiling in Otto Haesler's auditorium (Volksschule,
- 1935 Modern glass block introduced
- Founded 1899 as (a foreign branch of the
Luxfer Prism Company)
- Director: Friedrich Keppler (1862-1940), who emigrated to the US
in 1888 and joined the American Luxfer Prism Syndicate.
- Expanded product line with Glaseisenbeton (the Keppler
System), heavy glass tiles joined up with thin reinforced
concrete bars. The tiles were not prismatic.
- Deutsche Luxfer's entire product line was on display in Bruno Taut's
famous Glass Pavillion (Glashaus)
at the Werkbund Ausstellung in Cologne in 1914.
- See: Liese, Paul: Luxfer-Prismen
- Paul Liese patents:
- Number 283,882 for "Improvement in Composite Glass
and Ferroconcrete Construction for Walls, Floors, Roofing and the Like"
- Number 289,696 for "Improvements in Glass Bricks for
Walls, Floors, Pavement Lights and the Like"