Location: San Francisco
- 221 Ritch 
- 681 Market, Factory 317 Harriet Street 
- 472 Monadnock Building
- 317-319 Harriet Street
- 1665 Hudson St, San Francisco, 94124, CA (Phoenix-Simpton Co.)
- 1914 · "Phoenix Sidewalk Light Co., 221 Ritch"
—Crocker-Langley S.F. Directory
- 1917 · "The Phoenix Sidewalk Light Company has moved into
their new factory building at 117 Harriet street"
—San Francisco Chronicle
- 1921 · Crocker-Langley S.F. Directory
- "PHOENIX SIDEWALK LIGHT CO (H E and W I Simpton) office
Monadnock Bldg, factory 317 Harriet, tel Douglas 3111"
- "Simpton, Harold E (Phoenix Sidewalk Light Co), r Redwood City"
- "Simpton, Walter I (Lilly) (Phoenix Sidewalk Light Co), r
336 Excelsior Av"
- 1921 · "Phoenix Sidewalk Light Co., sidewalk lights and doors,
681 Market; Factory, 317 Harriet" —Directory of Manufacturers of San Francisco, California
- 1925 · "Phoenix Sidewalk Light Co. (M). 317 Harriet; Market 4565."
—San Francisco business
- 1925 · Change to Phoenix-Simpton Company; Incorporated
2nd November 1925, address 1665 Hudson St, San Francisco, 9412,
registered agent Stephen W. Lee
- 1927 · "Phoenix Simpton formerly Phoenix Sidewalk Light Co."
- 1928 · Power Wagon
- 1945 · "The Phoenix-Simpton company of San Francisco,
was awarded a contract to immediately re-roof the Hoover school
which was damaged in the recent storm." —San Mateo Times
- 1986 · Patent US4610566 ("Curb inlet
with removable gutter form"), assigned to PHOENIX SIMPTON Co
- 1987 · Business license #515721, Hopkins Heating &
Cooling Inc/Phoenix Simpton Company, a joint venture
—Contractors State License Board
- 2003 · SIMPTON, Robert "Bob" M. - 55, passed away Monday,
September 30, 2003, after a lengthy illness. Bob is survived by his
wife of 23 years, Sue Simpton; also the loving father of Jeffrey
Nielsen, Kristin Nielsen and James Nielsen. Adored by grandchildren
Ashlyn, Ryan, Alyssa and Kylie. Bob was a devoted family provider,
who enjoyed being surrounded by his family and friends. Bob was a
friend of Bill W. for 23 years. Bob began his life-long endeavor in
construction when he began working for his father at Phoenix Simpton
Company. Bob later started his own business as R. S. Simpton
Construction. He worked mainly in the San Francisco area..."
(Western Architect and Engineer · 1917)
PHŒNIX SIDEWALK LIGHTS
ARE INSTALLED at the Santa Fe Building,
Second and Market Streets, San Francisco
PHŒNIX SIDEWALK LIGHT CO.
|472 Monadnock Building, SAN FRANCISCO
||Telephone Douglas 3111
|To Every Building Owner, Supt. and Engineer
You will save a lot of "wear and tear" on yourself
by calling our Repair Department for
Our Repair Operations are City-Wide
New Work and Repairs
Tar and Gravel
Interior and Exterior
Basement and Exterior Walls
PHONE FOR PHOENIX-SIMPSON COMPANY
PHOENIX SIDEWALK LIGHT CO.
317-319 Harriet Street · San Francisco
Telephone · Market 4565
THAT THERE ARE
NO BETTER SIDEWALK LIGHTS
PHOENIX SIDEWALK LIGHTS
EITHER RE-INFORCED CONCRETE OR
CASE IRON FRAMES
Phoenix Sidewalk Light Co.
|Monadnock Bldg., S.F.
||Telephone Douglas 3111
(Official building laws, City and County of San Francisco · 1921)
Phoenix Sidewalk Lights
Phoenix Waterproof Sidewalk Doors
Phoenix Sanitary (Magnesite) Flooring
472 Monadnock Building
PHONE DOUGLAS 3111
|Factory, 315-317 Harriet St.
||Phone Market 4565