Up: Prism Glass
Current Prism Glass Companies
Home > Prism Glass > Current
Makers: 1 of 7
The following companies currently make
vault lights (aka pavement lights), structural glass blocks and panels,
or related ironwork.
Architectural Glass, Inc,
New York; founded 1982.
Architectural Iron Company,
Pennsylvania; founded ?
- "Architectural Iron Company is a Pennsylvania based
corporation primarily engaged in the restoration
and reproduction of 18th and 19th century cast and
wrought iron work."
- "We can assist with both the entire vault light and
the individual glass prisms."
- Makes bulls-eye type vault lights; See
this drawing (PDF) of one type
Blenko Glass Company, Inc,
West Virginia; founded in 1893 by William J. Blenko in Kokomo,
- "Blenko Glass produces all types of glass and vault light
Circle Redmont, Inc,
Florida; founded ? ("Our company's history spans over a century...")
- "Structurally Engineered, Prefabricated Glass Panel Systems"
- Cornell Iron Works,
New York; founded 1828.
- "sells original prismatic tiles
acquired from the Canadian Luxfer Prism Company. Several
patterns are available."
Luxfer Studios, Ltd.,
Concord & Toronto, Ontario; founded ?
- 8481 Keele St, Concord, Ontario L4K 1Z7 905-669-4244
- Stained glass windows:
OK Foundry Company, Inc,
Richmond, Virginia; founded 1912.
Makes cast iron bulls-eye style panels.
- "For the building restoration at 36 Hudson Street, New York
City, NY, OK Foundry cast lighted subway vault panels for the
sidewalk, treads, and risers. Surrounding trim pieces were
also cast. The cast iron panels were cast to exactly match
the original panels for best historical accuracy."
New York (design studio), New Jersey (workshops);
Redington Glass Furnaces, Inc,
Wisconsin; founded ?
- Has molds for three prism tiles: FLW's flower, dew drop, and
bubbles; presses reproductions in colored glass.
Vetroarredo via Glass Block Warehouse,
Pennsylvania; founded ?
The Cast Iron Pavement Light Co Ltd;
- Unit 4, Phoenix Business Centre, Chichester, West Sussex,
GB, PO19 8PN
(same as New Age Glass?)
Cromer Bros. Ltd (website http://www.cromer.ie defunct),
Dublin, IE; founded ?
- "Cromer Bros Ltd. are specialists in the manufacture of CROMELITE
concrete and glass brick paving, wall and roof lights, offering a full
manufacture and supply service to any part of Ireland, and operating a
pavement lights maintenance and repair service."
Hammond Lane Foundry Co. Ltd,
Dublin, IE; founded ?
Halifax, West Yorkshire, GB; founded ? ("over 100 years")
- "Hargreaves Foundry are specialist iron casters and, amongst
many other things, manufacture cast iron pavement lights. We are
experts in traditional pattern making, moulding and sand casting,
and use 100% recycled scrap iron and steel to manufacture brand
new cast iron pavement lights."
J. & J.W. Longbottom Ltd,
Holmfirth, Huddersfield, GB; founded 1919
- "J. & J.W. Longbottom Ltd. can trace its origins in Iron
Founding back seventy years during which time we have specialised
in the production of Cast Iron Rainwater and Soil Goods. Following
the closure of Sloan & Davidson Ltd., who had operated in Leeds
for over a century making similar castings, we acquired that Company
together with their Pattern range and this, with our own previous
substantial list of products puts us in a sound position to execute
the trade's requirements for many years to come."
- "PAVEMENT LIGHTS · SIZES ON APPLICATION · With
4" × 3" Glass Lenses (Supplied Loose) · Flat and
Prism, or Flat Only · 997" —Longbottom 40-page Catalogue
London, GB (LUXCRETE, LUXBLOCK);
- Formed "...in 1967 when the concrete
and glass division of Lenscrete was acquired by Luxfer Pavement
Lights Ltd. Luxcrete went on to acquire J. A. King
(Glascrete) in 1973 and John Healey (London) Ltd in 1986."
- Manufactured by Oberland Glas of Germany
and Vetroarredo of Florence, Italy
Nazeing Glass Works Ltd,
Hertfordshire, GB; founded 1928
- "Typical of the products we produce are:
wellglasses, bulkheads, pavement lenses, wall blocks, railway signal
lenses, marine & ship lighting, aircraft and airport runway lenses,
road and traffic signal lenses, exterior light fittings,
street and display lighting, laboratory glass, pub advertising
ashtrays and glasses, domestic table glassware and decanters,
ISO tasting glasses, corporate giftware, presentation bowls,
awards & trophies, paperweights and ornamental glass."
New Age Glass Ltd, West Sussex, GB; founded 1998
- "Established in 1998 New Age Glass Ltd are the UKs leading
contractor for the supply and installation of pavement lights,
roof lights, smoke outlet panels, security cell window units
and glassblock walling systems"
Pavement Light Company, Leighton Buzzard, GB; founded 2017
- "We supply beautiful hand made pavement lights in the
form of pre cast panels. We can also cast on site on prepared
barrings or we can completely replace your pavement light as
new to restore the look of your building."
- "We carry out remedial work and specialise in lens repairs
on existing pavement lights in and around the London area."
- "We undertake leaking and maintenance work of existing
pavement lights. We offer complete reseals and re-mastic
Shackerley (Holdings) Group Ltd,
Lancashire, GB; founded ?
UK Pavement Light Construction,
Bedfordshire, GB; founded 1942
- "UK Pavement Light Construction are specialists in pavement
fittings; from floor lighting to cellar entrance hatches and
fire escapes. We also repair and reseal existing features and
supply glass bricks for exterior or interior architectural use."
Obeco Glass Blocks Pty Ltd,
New South Wales, Australia; founded ?
- Make replacement vault lights— including a single pendant
prismatic style— which match the type commonly seen in Sydney.