- 806 Architects Building, 101 Park Ave., New York, NY
- Frederick Ludwig Keppler [b. 1862, Stuttgart]
- Offices in Berlin, London, Paris, Vienna, Budapest, Copenhagen,
Milan, Moscow, Barcelona
- Renamed Structural Glass Corporation in 1928
- "Vault and roof lights, skylights, translucent wall, sidewalk,
and ceiling construction."
- Trademark #110,860 (1917)
- Trade catalogs —Smithsonian
- "Keppler (Fredrick L.)* New York. Keppler glass constructions.
15,  p. illus., diagrs. 8vo.  © June 2, 1914;
2 c. June 4, 1914; A 374309." —Catalogue of copyright entries,
no. 6, 1914 (Library of Congress)
- "Word was received here yesterday by Mrs. J. C. Ramsey, 235 South
Pine street, of the death of her brother-in-law, Frederick L. Keppler,
developer of structural glass, and president of the Keppler Glass
Construction company of New York. He was 77 years old. His wife,
the late Mrs. Elizabeth Neely Keppler, was born and reared in York,
and was the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Neely.
Mr. Keppler was born in Villa Keppler, the family's ancestral
home at Stuttgart Germany, and was a direct descendant of Johannes
Keppler, noted German astronomer of the seventeenth century."
—The Gazette and Daily, York, Pennsylvania, August 6, 1940, p3.
- See also:
|Keppler Glass Constructions
Canadian Centre for Architecture
via The Internet Archive
|Translucent but not transparent ·
Fig. 1. Keppler Floor, Roof and Vault Light Constructions
are composed of translucent glass units, supported by reinforced concrete.
They have a large glass area above, and an all-glass undersurface,
which admits and distributes the maximum of light. The concrete
frame-work, reinforced with rods, gives great supporting strength
without cutting off the light. Fig. 2. Cross section of Keppler
Floor Light, showing reinforced concrete construction and all-glass
undersurface. The concave sides of the glasses are painted white
to secure total reflection of light rays striking the concrete
|6"×6"×1¾" Keppler Floor/Roof Light,
embossed "KEPPLER Glass Constructions N.Y."